Have you always been fascinated by the skill it takes to carve wood into beautiful designs and life-like figures? Here's a DVD that shows you everything you need to get started.
As a companion to the book, Wood Carving Basics -- also brought to you by renowned wood carver David Sabol -- this DVD puts more emphasis on demonstrating each technique. By providing you with video demonstrations, the DVD shows you precisely how every technique and special procedure should be done.
David Sabol will guide you through a wide range of creative projects -- with step-by-step instructions designed to give beginners the experience of working in a wide variety of carving styles.
From simple to more sophisticated techniques, you'll learn all the valuable skills you need to grow as a carver. After a while, you'll gain the confidence to try more complicated projects and experiment with pieces you've dreamed up yourself.
For anyone who wants to master the essentials, this DVD is a great place to start. You'll learn how to:
- Select wood from a wide range of interesting types
- Choose tools from knives and gouges to V-tools and power carving devices
- Sharpen and care for your tools to improve performance and longevity
- Relief carve wildlife and landscapes
- Chip carve, power carve and burn wood
- Paint and finish your carvings with colorful detail