Discover dozens of ways that the router can be used to increase your productivity -- and creativity -- in the shop. In this video, you'll learn basic router joinery and how to rout the subtle shapes necessary to create a handsome hand mirror (plans for the hand mirror are in the accompanying booklet).
You will learn about:
- making spline edge joints in boards with the router
- routing mortises and tenons that fit
- routing sliding dovetail mortises and tenons
- a variety of jigs for the router
- cutting to a pattern, tapers, roundovers, under-cuts, decorative covers and routed cavities
Bernie Maas teaches woodworking to art students at Edinboro University in Pennsylvania. Michael Fortune is a furniture designer/maker in Toronto.