Make your own 8 or 15 cm high crank pepper mill. Ceramic grinding mechanism. Control grit size by threading the top screw.
Drill a through hole by 1" or 25/26mm forstner bit.
How to make a 8 cm high pepper mill?
1. Prepare a square block at least 57cm wide, and cut 69mm long precisely.
2. Drill the through hole by lathe or drill press.
3. Turn the base end (38mm diameter by 2mm deep) to fit the base plate.
4. Turn a little bit down to fit the plastic cover (27mm diameter by 20mm deep). To make sure the hole fit precisely, please stop power and try.
5. Turn the other end to fit the top plate (37mm diameter by 5mm deep).
6. Take off the screw from the square rod. Slide mechanism/spring/plastic cover into the rod. Drill 2 small holes and fasten base plate with plastic cover.
7. Drill 2 small holes and fasten top plate.
8. Put the crank over the top plate and fasten the top screw.
9. If you feel like to turn other shapes, please turn 2 wooden bushings to fit the top/end holes and turn again.